Amazing Chicken Burgers are so good! A tasty, economical dinner for one, two or more! All you need is some home-canned chicken. You can also use commercially canned chicken if you’re not a canner. But it is so much less expensive to use good old Ugly Chicken.
These chicken burgers, made from our home-canned chicken are a favorite around this place. Quick, easy, adaptable! Who could ask for more?
You can create your own “special sauce” or try the sauce recipe below.
Amazing Chicken Burgers!
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Amazing Chicken Burger
- 1 PINT Ugly Chicken
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried or fresh chives
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lrg egg
- Preheat your oven to 375
- mix your sauce (if you're using) and place in fridge
- Mix remaining ingredients well in a medium sized bowl
- Form into patties
- Place onto cookie sheet that has parchment paper or a silicone mat or a well greased cast iron skillet
- Place cookie sheet / skillet into the oven for 15 minutes
- Flip burgers
- Place back into oven for additional 15 minutes
- Add lettuce, tomato, red onion, cheese and sauce or condiment of your choice
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
should be great with canned salmon… love your idea for my jarred chicken
Susan Borman says
Made a triple batch tonight and they are very tasty. Thank you for another way to use ugly chicken.