Beef stroganoff is one of my favorite meals and making it from my shelf-stable pantry is just another reason to love this flavorful, stick-to-your-ribs meal.
Beef Stroganoff From Your Shelf Stable Pantry
- 1 pint beef
- 1 lrg onion or 1/4 cup thrive diced onions
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms 1 cup thrive onions (the more the merrier!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream powder and the water called for to make a thick HWC from the directions on the canister.
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 pkg beef gravy mix
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 1 1/2 tbsp worchesterchire sauce
- Place the liquid from the meat, worchestershire sauce and 2 cups of water into the pot. Add the onions and mushrooms and bring to a boil.
- In a seperate dish, create your whipping cream, add the vinegar and beat until thick, add salt to taste to create your own sour cream.
- Add sour cream and gravy mix to the pot and stir until mixed
- Add meat and cooked pasta to the pot and stir. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hope Jackson says
Beef stroganoff is my favorite. So excited to know how to make it with shelf stable goods now thanks to you. Can you explain where you got/how you make the “what’shisface” powder. I searched the channel but couldn’t find it. Many thanks! Can’t wait to try this!