Bourbon Bacon Burgers
- 2 tbsp swerve brown sugar
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tbsp sugar free BBQ sauce
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- to taste salt & pepper
- 2 rolls of your preference
- Preheat your air fryer at 390 degrees
- mix swerve brown sugar and bourbon in a small bowl.
- Place the bacon on the lowest rack of the air fryer and brush with the swerve/bourbon mixture.
- Cook bacon for approximately 5 minutes then flip over and brush the other side with the swerve/ brown sugar mixture. Cook for an additional 3 minutes or until crispy.
- to avoid grease smoke, you can place a small amount of water in the bottom drip tray of your air fryer.
- While all that fun is happening, mix the ground beef, onion, bbq sauce and salt & pepper in a bowl. Mix well and shape into 2 patties
- Remove the bacon from the air fryer
- Place the burgers in the air fryer at 370 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Flip the burgers over half way through the process.
- When the burgers are cooked to your liking, place a slice of swiss cheese (or the cheese of your choice) on the patties and cook for an extra minute to melt the cheese.
- Place these scrumptous burgers on the buns with the garnishments of your choice. Lettuce, tomato, etc.
- Plate up and enjoy with your favorite side dish.