Yes, you read that right. Corned Beef Baked Potato Soup and it’s so good! Perfect for any time of year and best yet when you have canned up some corned beef at sale prices to use at a later date.
Want to learn about corning your own corned beef and then pressure canning it? You can check out this video here where I take you through the whole process.
Now that you have that pretty corned beef on your shelves you may be asking yourself what to do with it.
There are so many options for that shelf stable corned beef. Some of our favorites are Reuben Sandwiches, Reuben in a bowl, corned beef hash and this great Corned Beef Baked Potato Soup.
Corned Beef Baked Potato Soup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 small onion
- 2 pints (4 cups) diced potatoes
- 2 pints (4 cups) chicken broth
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- to taste salt & pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pint corned beef (2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Add onions and butter to pot and saute
- Add potatoes and chicken broth to the pot and bring to a low boil
- Once heated up, use immersion blender to puree the soup until thick and smooth.
- Add heavy whipping cream, salt, pepper, onion powder to season
- Add drained and rinsed corned beef and mix with a spoon.
- Add in cheese and mix until cheese is melted
- Serve with toasted croutons and a sprinkle of paprika for garnish.