Jalapeno Cheddar bread is an amazing bread by itself. But when you use it to make grilled cheese sandwiches, to dunk into tomato soup, or as your pizza crust, it takes it to a whole new level! I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
Dutch Oven Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
- Dutch Oven
- 3 & 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar
- 2 diced Jalapenos
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 2 Cups Warm water
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp Yeast
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- In a large bowl combine warm water and yeast. Set aside
- In a seperate large bowl, combine the bread flour, 2 cups of cheddar cheese, the chopped jalapeños, and salt. and stir well.
- Pour the flour mixture on top of the water and use a spatula to stir until the dough comes together
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let rest in a warm place for 60 minutes, or until almost doubled in size.
- Using the spatula, fold the dough toward the center and then cover with the towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Add the Dutch oven and lid to the oven, and preheat to 450˚F for 15 minutes.
- Carefully peel the dough out of the bowl and onto a floured surface. Fold the edges of the dough towards the center 5-10 times, then flip over the dough and transfer to a piece of parchment paper.
- Use the parchment to lift the bread into the pot. Cover with the lid and bake for 30 minutes, then remove the lid and bake for 20 more minutes, until the bread is golden brown.
- Carefuly slide the bread out of the pot, remove the parchement paper and let it cook for at least one hour before slicing.