Check out the video below to see how we make our fast and easy no yeast flatbread. We love this stuff for so many quick and easy dinner ideas.
Fast and Easy No Yeast Flat Bread
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (reserve 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 1/2 tbsp butter (unsalted if you can)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Put milk and butter in a dish and heat until butter is melted
- Combine the flour, salt, milk and butter into a bowl and mix
- Knead the mixture for 2-3 minutes. No need to over knead. If it is sticky, add a little bit more flour.
- Wrap and let sit at room temp for half an hour
- Divide dough into 4 pieces
- Scatter a little flour onto counter surface and roll out one piece about 1/8 of an inch thick
- Heat frying pan with oil, place dough into pan and heat for about 2 minutes on a low/medium heat
- Flip and heat the other side for about 2 minutes
- Remove and place between two plates or between two tea towels to allow the steam to keep them soft
- Repeat until all 4 are completed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Try bacon, turkey, provolone cheese lettuce tomato and jalapeno ranch dressing on them