Mango is a great flavor. Mango jam is so good whether it’s on your toast or in thumbprint cookies.
Mango Jam with Pomonas Pectin
- 4 cups of mashed mangos
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tsp pomonas pectin
- 3 tsp calcium water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Mash the mangos until you have 4 cups
- Add mashed mangos to your pot, add the lemon juice and calcium water and heat to a boil.
- Mix the pectin and sugar well, then add to the pot, stirring consistently for 1-2 minutes
- Place into jelly jars, wipe rims, place lids and rings.
- Waterbath or steam can for 10 minutes , adding 1 minute for every 1000 feet
Mango Jam with Sure Jell Pectin
- 4 cups mashed mangos
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 box sure jell
- Heat mashed mangos. add lemon juice and pectin and bring to a rolling boil
- add sugar, mix well and bring back to a boil. Let boil for 3 minutes
- Ladle jam into jars, wipe rims, add lids and rings
- waterbath or steam can for 10 minutes, increasing 1 minute for every 1000 feet of elevation