An easy and satisfying dessert for the holidays or any day.
Slow Cooker Pecan Caramel Baked Apples
- 4 med/large Apples of your choice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 bowl cold water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dried raisins or cranberries
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans or walnuts
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 stick cinnamon
- Add lemon juice to bowl of water and set aside.
- Working on one apple at a time, slice the very top of the apple off. Remove the core and seeds, leaving the bottom of the apple intact.
- Put the apple into the bowl of water and repeat until all apples are prepped
- Add 2 tbsp of butter, 1tbsp of brown sugar, the pecans and dried fruit into a mixing bowl. Mix contents well.
- Add mixture to the apples, filling the cores with some on top. Once stuffed, add to the slow cooker
- Add the maple syrup, cinnamon stick, remaining brown sugar, and butter to the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours. Don't remove the lid
- Remove the cooked apples with a slotted spoon and place into serving dish
- Move remaining liquid in the slow cooker into a pot, bring to a careful boil, reducing and thickening the sauce.
- Pour sauce over apples and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply