Apple Bread! I love apples! I love autumn! I love apples in autumn! This bread is an awesome combination of all the things I love. A loaf of good hearty bread with the delicious apple flavor is sure to win over your family.
- 1 1/2 cups hot tap water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp instant yeast
- 6 tbsp melted butter divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups diced apples
- In a large bowl or your stand mixer bowl, combine the hot water, honey, oil and egg and yeast. Mix
- Slowly add in 3 cups of your flour with the mixer on low.
- Add salt and last of the flour, mixing slow until everything is incorporated.
- Knead for about 5 minutes
- Cover bowl and let dough double in size, approx. 1 hour
- Mix Sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl, set aside
- After the first rise of the dough, remove from bowl and divide into two. Place one half to the side.
- Roll out the dough into approximately a 10×5 rectangle
- Baste the top with 3 tbsp melted butter
- Sprikle half of the sugar mixture onto the butter
- Place half of the diced apples on top of the sugar mixture, distributing equally
- Fold in the sides of the dough and then roll from the longest end, keeping the sides tucked in.
- Place the rolled dough, seam side down into a greased and lined bread pan
- Repeat this process with the second half of the ingredients.
- Cover and let double in size
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Once dough has doubled again, place in the warm oven for 40-45 minutes
- Remove from bread pan, let cool for 30 minutes before cutting.