Just like me, these are a little spicey and a little sweet. They are great on top of tacos, hot dogs, cream cheese and crackers and more!
- 5-6 cups sliced jalapenos
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Slice jalapenos, discarding stems, and set aside
- In a large pot, combine the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes
- Carefully add the sliced jalapenos to the pot and simmer for 4 minutes
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon the jalapeno slices into your canning jars to 1/4 inch head space.
- With a ladle, add liquid to the jars, maintaining the 1/4 inch headspace
- Wipe the rims, add the lids and rings and water bath or steam can for 10 minutes.
- You can waterbath any remaining liquid for future use.