Pickled Brussel Sprouts
- 7 pint jars
- Water bath canner / large stock pot or steam canner
- 2 lbs brussel sprouts
- garlic cloves ( 1-2 per jar_
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes per jar
- 5 cups water
- 5 cups white vinegar
- 7 tbsp pickling salt
- Halve brussels sprouts and soak in lightly salted water for at least 15 minutes.
- Bring water, vinegar and salt to a medium boil
- Place garlic and red pepper flakes into jars
- Stuff jars with Brussels sprouts leaving one inch head space.
- Pour water, vinegar, salt mixture over Brussels sprouts leaving one inch head space
- Debubble, wipe rims, add lids and rings
- Water bath for 10 minutes
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Mary j Wardrep says
I’m making your recipe now. I did one that was like bread and butter pickles. They were wonderful. Your recipe sounds great too depending on what you’re in the mood for. Wanted pickles but didn’t get my cukes in so pickled Brussels and jalapeños it is