Pickled Brussel Sprouts
- 7 pint jars
- Water bath canner / large stock pot or steam canner
- 2 lbs brussel sprouts
- garlic cloves ( 1-2 per jar_
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes per jar
- 5 cups water
- 5 cups white vinegar
- 7 tbsp pickling salt
- Halve brussels sprouts and soak in lightly salted water for at least 15 minutes.
- Bring water, vinegar and salt to a medium boil
- Place garlic and red pepper flakes into jars
- Stuff jars with Brussels sprouts leaving one inch head space.
- Pour water, vinegar, salt mixture over Brussels sprouts leaving one inch head space
- Debubble, wipe rims, add lids and rings
- Water bath for 10 minutes