Post-Thanksgiving Empanadas are a great way to use up some of those holiday leftovers in a new and fun way.
- 6 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3 sticks Unsalted Butter
- 2 large Eggs
- 1.5 lbs Ground Turkey Cooked
- 1 Boxed stuffing mix
- 1 can Cranberry sauce
Cranberry Dipping Sauce
- Cranberry Sauce
- 3 tbsp Orange Juice
- Mix the flour and salt in a mixing bowl
- Add room temperature butter and mix
- Mix eggs into milk and pour slowly into mixing bowl, continuing to mix until dough is clumpy
- Cook ground turkey
- In a seperate bowl, add cooked turkey, 1/2 cup of water or broth, 3 Tbsp of cranberry sauce and boxed stuffing mix
- Mix remaining cranberry sauce and 3 tbsp of orange juice. Mix to the desired consistency.
- Split the dough into two large balls. Set one aside
- Take one ball and roll out the dough into a thin sheet. I do this one small section at a time constructing individual empanadas as I work.
- Take some of the filling, place it into the dough, fold in half and seal edges by pinching and folding around the entire empanada.
- Once empanada's are stuffed, preheat oven to 400 degrees FBeat one egg and brush it over the top of each empanada.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Serve warm with dipping sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply