Plums have always been a favorite fruit of mine. Being able to make this fantastic fun Tipsy Fairy Plum jam with them just makes my heart sing.
Great on your toasted bread of choice it is also an excellent addition to chicken or pork.
I love using Pamona’s Pectin when making jams. I’ve never had this pectin fail me for setting up a beautiful jam. It is super easy to use.
Tipsy Fairy Plum Jam
- 4 cups mashed plums
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light muscato wine
- 3 tsp pomona's pectin
- 2 t calcium water included with the pectin
- Sanitize jars and keep hot in water
- Prepare calcium water per directions
- Place fruit, lemon juice and calcium water in pot, and stir well
- measure sugar and pectin into a seperate bowl
- Add muscato
- Bring ingredients to a boil, stiring vigorously for 1-2 minutes until pectin and sugar mix throughouly.
- Fill jars to 1/4 to space, wipe rims, add 2 piece lids and process for 10 minutes. Add 1 minute for every 1,000 ft above sea level